Monday, September 27, 2010

Blog Post #4...

This week, we were asked to read the blogs of two of our classmates. In reading through the list of our class, there are many interesting blogs being written in our class.

Kayla's blog, focusing on fashion PR was especially interesting to me. Specifically her post on ethics. Her post entitled, Is Fur Ethical? was extremely interesting. I couldn't help but think what a great idea for that week's topic. Kayla starts out with a very strong stand that "harming animals for the means of fashion is unethical." I respect the fact that she has such a strong opinion about this topic. And I also learned something new about this realm of PR....there is something called the Ethical Fashion Forum. I did not know that this even existed. It was extremely interesting for me to learn about this not for profit network which focuses on social and environmental sustainability in the fashion industry.

Kayla also raised another interesting point when she said:
If a shirt is made with chemicals that harm the environment, the buyer needs to know! Clothing companies need to start making the steps to a better environment and in that case becoming more eco friendly! Surveys can be given out at stores for customers to fill out with questions about eco-friendly clothing. Customers need to be informed!


She could not be more correct! I honestly had not even thought about this. The fact that some of my clothes could have harmful chemicals on them is extremely alarming and is something companies should inform their customers of.

Another blog that I read is written by BDaunno. She chooses to focus on media and different media issues. Her post about research was interesting. She raises the point that even bloggers like Perez Hilton have to do some type of research. I never actually thought about this. Even though he is writing about things like Britney Spears or the latest fashion mistake, he too has to conduct some type of research.

I actually learned a lot in reading the blogs from our class. It is interesting to read about what others find to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment